Well,
Despite a less than favorable weather forecast, my wife and I pressed on to try the 3 Mountain Metric course as a "Practice" before the real thing on the 30th of this month. YEP---a good test...YEP--A phrase kept going through my brain the whole ride (especially up the last mountain) "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger!!" 78 miles and 9800 feet of climbing. A real tester. Slopes of some portions over 10%!! Wet and overcast and humid weather to boot. The total time spent, including SAG stops, was over 8 hours! Started at 7am so the rain showers would not get me, but alas they did on the last mountain, Pilot Mountain. My back felt pretty good at the end- thanks to the continued use of the exercise ball and back exercises. My bike needs (and deserves) a bath! Onward and "upward"--the training continues!
23 days until I leave for Colorado, but who's counting??? More soon---"keep pedaling" and "keep riding" thats the ticket....I'll be fine!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment