Tuesday, March 10, 2009
It's been a while....but much has happened. BESIDES getting into Ride the Rockies I have been getting much more serious about training. I keep hearing this mantra go through my head "Time on the Bike" " Time on the Bike" " Time on the Bike" "Time on the Bike" etc etc etc..... well, you get the picture. The only sure way to cure anxiety towards riding in some mighty big bike events is get on the bike and go..What can I say.....I think it's going to be a LONG and VERY happy marriage. With today's ride of just over 27 miles, I have now surpassed over 2oo miles of distance and as the very old Carpenters song went "We've Only Just Begun". The weekend was highlighted by a decent "back to back." That is to say a longish ride followed by a ride the very next day. I rode 51 miles on Saturday and followed that up on Sunday by 22 miles. NO, not long back to back , but it certainly is a place to start!! I did feel that on today's ride of about 27 miles my strength is finally returning and there is hope for this old body after all!! The results of pushing, plodding and steady effort are starting to bear some fruit. The only other thought of real note regarding my new bike, E2, is this: My new bike is really capable and fantastic, but am I up for the challenge to get the most out of it? and the answer that I have been hearing is :NOT YET, but I AM GETTING there and the destination and goal are very achievable. I hope the weather holds out or it's BACK to the GYM, oh no!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very nice! Time in the saddle is most crucial! We will see you along the tour through the Rockies. Be safe...
inColoradoNOW!
http://www.imcoloradonow.com/
Post a Comment