This lead to a "quest" to find a new place to not only do bike business but to continue a "relationship". I feel pretty darn confident that that relationship has come to land at All Star Bikes. The shop let me test three bikes last weekend and I bought one! Let me explain. I had test rode the Roubaix at Spin Cycle and liked it a bunch but left it there and was going to test some other models with various equipment but that is no longer possible, reference the last paragraph of this blog. So.... I set up , on a previous Thursday afternoon visit, a rendezvous for a early Saturday test featuring a Giant OCR-1 a Scott Bicycle and the Roubaix , this time with a triple chain ring. I test rode in that order as well. Needles to say I am an "expectant" parent of white Roubaix to be delivered this week from a warehouse located some where in the Chicago metro area. I have just about decided the rest of the components as well such as Specialized white bottle cages, Look Carbon pedals, a Giro Atmos helmet and a pair of Sidi Genius 5 shoes to round out the whole "package". This is a CONSIDERABLE step up in the world for my biking. But....this is no ordinary biking season.
Sessions with Rosemary continue at the YMCA and I am consistently in the gym twice a week lifting weights and running on the treadmill until I get back outdoors on the bike.
I signed up for Ride the Rockies this past weekend and the lottery results will be sent by e-mail on the 27th of this month. I CAN NOT WAIT! Lord, help me win one!! I also, this past weekend, finished my online application and am now fully signed up for Cycle Oregon. They announced both routes this past week and they both look EPIC!! Great routes great climbs and some real challenges along with some of the most beautiful scenery that the United States can give, and of course it's in the Western United States!! That's enough for now, there is a good chance that I may take delivery of the new bike this weekend and I'll definitely post if that happens and give some first impressions.
Yes....things are coming together...one step one step one step ....at a time. ....this is GOING to be GREAT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment